• Welcome to Suomen Pöytäjalkapalloyhdistys - Forum.

Uutiset:

Rekisteröidy - Lähetä sähköpostia info@subu.fi

Main Menu

Profibase

Aloittaja Hönkki, lokakuu 23, 2009, 00:28:49

« edellinen - seuraava »

Hönkki

User "Profibase" has registered in this forum. I suppose you are Marco de Angelis, welcome !

I have some questions about C3-bases. There are C3M, C3M metallic, normal C3 etc. Marco, could you tell about the differencies between those bases ? And what weights you recommend to use with those bases ?
Bailey, Gidman, Albiston, Wilkins, Moran, McQueen, Coppell, Birtles, Stapleton, Robson, Macari. Sub. Moses

profibase

Hello Hönkki, best thanks for your question. The C3 bases are 5 mm. high, it is not possible in the fistf  to play with bases lower than 5 mm. The C3S (standard) are better for control and spinning, the C3M (M from Mettivieri, the belgian champion who used as first this kind of base) are better for shooting and touch with more power the ball.

I have all my bases in 3 materials: pvc (first and classic material), pom metalized and plexiglas.

Pom is a plastic whose colour is like ice, it is a very good plastic to play, shooting and so on but not good for sliding. But if this plastic is metalized (like the cars, the same working process), than it slides very fast. So metalized bases have the same performaces like pvc-classic bases but they slide faster and have also more power because the metalization process add colour and so weight to the base.

Plexiglas bases (transparent or not) slides very fast like pom-metalized bases but they are lighter, so you can have a better control.

Some examples: if you choose a C3S in plexiglas you will have a very good control of the ball but not much power ((which you have to do with your finger); if you choose a C3M pom-metalized base you will have much power and the control will be difficult, but you will make super long passes and super shots from every position without a long training.

About weight: you can change the performances of these kind of bases changing the weight which is in the base. Naturally big weight, more power and little weight, less power, but attention, it is no valid the sentence: big weight, better shooting! The best shooting is always a matter of balance between kind of base and your way of shooting, the anatomy of your finger and some other important points (which I discuss with the players when they come to my stand at all important tournament all over Europe, where I suggest them which kind of base cold be the right base for their way of shooting).

I have FullBases, BiBases and TriBases (the TriBases very new in November for the first time for a very promotional price, look the offer at my website www.profibase.eu). In this kinf of base you cannot put a weight, they are full of plastic, FullBase in 1 piece, BiBase in 2 pieces and Tribase in 3 pieces. The advantage of these bases is that the player don't need to choose the weight and to put it in the base, the base is "ready to play". Naturally it is important the player has a god feeling with the base because after it is no possible to change the weight like in the wide base. Anyway in the BiBase and TriBase it is in theory possible to change the material of the rings and so the weight of the base, but this is very difficult to be realized by the player. So I would say FullBases have to be used like they are at beginning, on the contrary the weight of the wide bases can be changed by the player after buying.

I hope I could give you a first idea of the professional bases which I invented about 1995 and which gave our game the start as sporting activity.

Yours in Sport

Marco

Hönkki

Thank you for good answers

LainaaAbout weight: you can change the performances of these kind of bases changing the weight which is in the base. Naturally big weight, more power and little weight, less power, but attention, it is no valid the sentence: big weight, better shooting! The best shooting is always a matter of balance between kind of base and your way of shooting, the anatomy of your finger and some other important points (which I discuss with the players when they come to my stand at all important tournament all over Europe, where I suggest them which kind of base cold be the right base for their way of shooting).

Sounds very interesting. Could you explain a little bit this part  "the anatomy of your finger and some other important points" , if possible ?
Bailey, Gidman, Albiston, Wilkins, Moran, McQueen, Coppell, Birtles, Stapleton, Robson, Macari. Sub. Moses

AriFerra

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Hönkki - marraskuu 16, 2009, 11:23:48
Sounds very interesting. Could you explain a little bit this part  "the anatomy of your finger and some other important points" , if possible ?

Yes. Very interesting.
Wishes: ile "banger-finger" tuominen
S.P.Q.R. -> Sono pazzi questi romani
http://subbuteo-ile-ja-jere.vuodatus.net/
EN TYKKÄÄ ENKÄ JAA!

profibase

In my expierence with the stand at tournament, where I always have half-pitch to test bases, I noted that players with big finger could better shoot with high bases (for example C8) and heavy weight, on the contrary players with little fingers (for example young players or people working in büros and not in a fabric) could better play and shoot with low bases (C3).

Another important aspect is the position of the hand: unfortunately I don't have a picture or a video to show you the correct position of the hand for shooting (I should like to prepare in the future such a picture or video, unfortunately the time is always so little and important things to be done so many ...).

Anyway I hope to meet again finnish players at some tournament (for example in Mons) and I can show you there which is the best position of the hand, not for all but for the most players.

My most important job at my stand is not only selling (which is naturally priority otherwise I cannot produce other bases and other models and so let the post technically grow and grow), but the teaching activity with young and not more so young players, sometime few words can give a big help to put the hand in the right position, to touch the base in the right way, to choose the right base. My first profession is teacher (I'm a philosophy teacher properly), so I have some expierence in teaching too (I teach since 25 years, not a little time...) and I think the success of my stand come from the combination of passion for the game, reasearch of new models to satisfy the wishes of players and in the last years more and more with my "subbuteo-teaching activity".

I hope I could answer in a accetable way at your interesting questions.
Marco

AriFerra

Very wise words, thank You.
S.P.Q.R. -> Sono pazzi questi romani
http://subbuteo-ile-ja-jere.vuodatus.net/
EN TYKKÄÄ ENKÄ JAA!

Rossonero

Not a subject of Profibase, but I think we should have some teaching sessions for our beginners also. I think that in the Finnish Championships this weekend we could have a look at the shooting and flicking of some of the lower level players. It would be useful for the development of the sport here.