• Welcome to Suomen Pöytäjalkapalloyhdistys - Forum.

Uutiset:

Rekisteröidy - Lähetä sähköpostia info@subu.fi

Main Menu

Helsinki Open 2015 participants (22-23/8/2015)

Aloittaja georgy, kesäkuu 06, 2015, 02:01:44

« edellinen - seuraava »

Will you participate in the Helsinki Open 2015?

Only Saturday
1 (20%)
Only Sunday
0 (0%)
Both days
3 (60%)
None of the days
1 (20%)

Äänestäjiä yhteensä: 4

georgy

Hi guys,

I have created today an event in facebook for the Helsinki Open 2015 and also added it in the FISTF group.
Vittorio de Pascale (was here last year) already said that he will come.
I add this poll because I think it is good to have an idea of how many players will participate from Finland each day, in order for the
organizers (i.e. Zinga on Saturday?) to have an estimate.

AriFerra

S.P.Q.R. -> Sono pazzi questi romani
http://subbuteo-ile-ja-jere.vuodatus.net/
EN TYKKÄÄ ENKÄ JAA!

Epis

Runkkuringissä taotaan toistemme selkää
Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF, All my base are belong to you!

georgy

Robert Green said he will also come.

There is also a chance for 2 greek players to come (teammates and friends of mine), if  they find a cheap ticket.

Hönkki

I believe this one is not a real player.

Dear Organizer,

The Ulitmate Table Football Sport Club Organization Of Nigeria West Africa kindly request for the invitation letter and accommodation reservation for our participate in your upcoming event.
All the expenses regarding the event will be sponsor by our Organization.
Participate in your event will give us moral support in sport friendly and also give us more experience of our chosen game,if you can send us the invitation letter for our participate.
I am waiting for your reply to enabled me send you the names of the participant with date of birth and passport number and expired date for the invitation letter.
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

Yours In Sports,

Folake Ayodele
Secretary General

There are also some real players coming from other countries. I will publish the list soon.
Bailey, Gidman, Albiston, Wilkins, Moran, McQueen, Coppell, Birtles, Stapleton, Robson, Macari. Sub. Moses

Rossonero

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Hönkki - heinäkuu 27, 2015, 10:44:01
I believe this one is not a real player.

Dear Organizer,

The Ulitmate Table Football Sport Club Organization Of Nigeria West Africa kindly request for the invitation letter and accommodation reservation for our participate in your upcoming event.
All the expenses regarding the event will be sponsor by our Organization.
Participate in your event will give us moral support in sport friendly and also give us more experience of our chosen game,if you can send us the invitation letter for our participate.
I am waiting for your reply to enabled me send you the names of the participant with date of birth and passport number and expired date for the invitation letter.
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

Yours In Sports,

Folake Ayodele
Secretary General

There are also some real players coming from other countries. I will publish the list soon.

It's very important not to have any contact with these. You can easily become legally responsible for the person in Finland if you invite him and he has no money. And you also have to pay for the return ticket if he doesn't disappear befor that. That's the point of these letters. I once answered asa a competition manager and expressed very clearly that the answer is not an invitation and that we don't specially invite anyone although it is a free event for all players to participate. Better not to answer at all.

Hönkki

Confirmed participants outside Finland

Robert Green (AUS)
Brian Kinrade (ENG)
Vittorio de Pascale (ITA)

One player from Spain and one player from Belgium are considering to participate. No final decision yet.
Bailey, Gidman, Albiston, Wilkins, Moran, McQueen, Coppell, Birtles, Stapleton, Robson, Macari. Sub. Moses

georgy

There is still chance that both my Greek teammates will come.
There is a cheap flight out of nowhere, but it is for a whole week (they will stay at my place) and I might know in a few days
and will let you know asap.

Very good news about the foreigners so far. Let's see if any Austrians will come.
Is Brian also veteran? I do not know him. The other 2 will play in both categories.

Kari, I think for Open category we should have at least medals for the finalist and semifinalists.

PS Nigeria has a huge subbuteo tradition :8) ;D ;D

georgy

Unfortunately no other participants from Greece this year.

Hönkki

LainaaRobert Green (AUS)
Brian Kinrade (ENG)

also Joseph Kinrade (ENG)

Hönkki

The participants so far for saturday

Robert Green (AUS)
Brian Kinrade (ENG)
Joseph Kinrade (ENG)
George Papadopoulos (GRE)
Teemu Sihvola (FIN)
Kari Hakkarainen (FIN)
Kai Grönfors (FIN)
Ile Tuominen (FIN)
Jere Tuominen (FIN)

georgy

My proposal for the tournaments (Saturday - Sunday)

SATURDAY
----------

1) Kari it is not necessary to finalize the participants list today or tomorrow.
If there is a chance for someone to come in the last moment, then he should be able to play.

2) I was in Denmark the previous weekend and we did the draw and the participants on Saturday the morning.
I we should do the same also. We are so few players so it is not gonna take long, just a few minutes, in case someone will decide to come
on Friday night.

3) If we are 10 or 11 then we should just have 2 groups of 5 (or one group of 6).
More than 12 then 3 groups.

On Saturday we are 6 veterans so we can have 2 groups of 3. And then semifinal and final

4) In order to save time, we can have some matches without referees. (In Denmark we had all our games without, except the finals)
Tilgner said a good idea, if there is no ref.
We can flip a coin, in the case that both opponents believe that they are right. The coin will be the "ref".

If we are 10 and we have 4 tables, then 2 matches can be with a ref and 2 without. This way we can proceed much faster with the games.

SUNDAY
--------

We can also play without refs (I guess we are going to be only 6-7) in order to play many games ->
REMEMBER that this is what they want (the people who travel here): to play as much as possible.

So if we have the venue until 4pm, we can easily have a tournament-championship of 6-7 players.
And then a final. Just Open this time, even though most of the players are veterans.

We need at least 6 players in order for FISTF to award points for the tournament.

PS Hopefully in the last moment some players will decide to come. I find it very embarrassing that the foreigners are more than the local players (and I count myself as a local!)

Hönkki

Lainaus käyttäjältä: georgy - elokuu 20, 2015, 13:45:16
My proposal for the tournaments (Saturday - Sunday)

SATURDAY
----------

1) Kari it is not necessary to finalize the participants list today or tomorrow.
If there is a chance for someone to come in the last moment, then he should be able to play.

2) I was in Denmark the previous weekend and we did the draw and the participants on Saturday the morning.
I we should do the same also. We are so few players so it is not gonna take long, just a few minutes, in case someone will decide to come
on Friday night.

3) If we are 10 or 11 then we should just have 2 groups of 5 (or one group of 6).
More than 12 then 3 groups.

On Saturday we are 6 veterans so we can have 2 groups of 3. And then semifinal and final

4) In order to save time, we can have some matches without referees. (In Denmark we had all our games without, except the finals)
Tilgner said a good idea, if there is no ref.
We can flip a coin, in the case that both opponents believe that they are right. The coin will be the "ref".

If we are 10 and we have 4 tables, then 2 matches can be with a ref and 2 without. This way we can proceed much faster with the games.

SUNDAY
--------

We can also play without refs (I guess we are going to be only 6-7) in order to play many games ->
REMEMBER that this is what they want (the people who travel here): to play as much as possible.

So if we have the venue until 4pm, we can easily have a tournament-championship of 6-7 players.
And then a final. Just Open this time, even though most of the players are veterans.

We need at least 6 players in order for FISTF to award points for the tournament.

PS Hopefully in the last moment some players will decide to come. I find it very embarrassing that the foreigners are more than the local players (and I count myself as a local!)

Saturday

1) I have already taken 3 tables to the venue from Hermanni and I will take one table from your home. So there will be 4 tables. I don't want to bring there more tables, because there might will be some more players. Only if I know for sure, that there will be more than 12 players, I will bring there more tables. Also Zinga wants to make the schedule before saturday, at least that is what I believe. So I hope everyone who wants to play will tell me on friday at the latest.

2) saturday morning is ok to me. I hope it's ok to Zinga.
3) ok
4) ok, no referees when no other option.

My proposal: We play first the groups of the open category. Then in the same time the semifinals and the first games of the veterans.

Sunday

We need to be out from the venue at 4 pm, so we need to start to pull down the tournament at 3 pm. There is some rockband coming to practice.

georgy

4 tables is ok I agree. You should know by Friday night if there is a way to have 13 players or more. If we have >=13 then 5 tables might help to proceed faster. (3 refs + 2 tables without)

In the draw there are some constraints which should be followed anyway, and since we are few players, I also think that it is better to do it there so the foreigners will also know it.

For example if possible not 2 from the same team or country in the same group. So the 2 English should not be in the same group.
The Finns should try to be 2+3 (at this point you are 5) not 1+4, or 0+5.

I also agree about playing the open group phase first. At least  Semi finals and finals SHOULD have refs, and possible the last round in the group phase if it is not clear who will go to the semifinals.

georgy

About Sunday, we can agree it on Saturday in the venue, depending on the number of the players who will come, and their wishes.
9-3 is 6 hours, so we have plenty of time even for a tournament (play against each other 1 game) if we do not use refs.

But we can decide it on Saturday. For example players might prefer less games but with a ref.